BEXHILL, EAST SUSSEX [NGR: TQ733087]
Hoad's Mill was a very fine post mill built by a millwright called Plumley and documented 1784, but believed to have been built earlier.
Mr Fuller, for whom the mill was built was recorded here in 1820. Brothers James and Thomas Hoad worked for Mr David Page from 1884 and took on the mill in 1887. Shortly after, Thomas went to work at East Hoathly on his own account as a baker, leaving James Hoad.
The mill remained in ownership of the Hoad family until 1965 when the whole body collapsed, leaving the trestle and roundhouse.
The restored windshaft now stands in the grounds of Jill Windmill.
Photo copyright of www.roughwood.net